Before I started cleansing, many years ago, I was always tired. This...
Do I have candida? 6 common symptoms
Candida Albicans is a yeast that lives in our digestive system. In the right balance candida actually has a beneficial effect on digestion and nutrient absorption, but when it overgrows and spreads to other areas of the body, our wellbeing can be affected. If the immune system is healthy and strong it keeps candida in control but if the immune system is compromised for any reason(processed foods, excessive alcohol, antibiotics, medications) this yeast can become systemic causing serious and often debilitating symptoms. Here are 6 common symptom that tell you it’s time to consider a candida cleanse.
- Digestive disorders: Although candida naturally lives in the digestive system, when it overgrows it can begin to breakdown the wall of the intestine. Overtime this leads to leaky gut syndrome whereby toxins seep back into the bloodstream putting pressure on other organs of elimination – like the liver and skin. Food allergies can develop or worsen. Persistent gas, bloating, cramping, constipation or diarrhea can be signs your candida has gotten way out of control.
- Urinary tract infections: When UTI’s are reoccurring or are in combination with vaginal thrush, you can bet candida overgrowth is the culprit. They are so painful, you just want to get rid of them quickly but taking round after round of antibiotics will not help in the long run. Herbal remedies, probiotics, proper diet and hydration are the place to start.
- Sinus infections: Candida can become systemic, meaning it can spread throughout the body, this includes the mucous membranes. If you’re experiencing reoccurring or persistent sinus issues or hay fever, it may be time to consider a candida cleanse.
- Poor concentration: Clients often tell me they have trouble focusing, their memory is weak, and they feel like they are in a ‘fog’. These are common symptoms of decreased immune function and a raging candida infection. Luckily these symptoms are the first to go when you begin to change your diet, get hydrated and remove this excess yeast.
- Chronic tiredness: Severe and debilitating tiredness, which is not helped by sleeping can happen for a multitude of reasons and is not alway simple to diagnose or treat. Often it is a response to long term stressful situations where the body and mind is pushed to its limits. When we are run down and tired our immune system is lowered and we become more susceptible to illness. Although candida is not the only cause of chronic tiredness, it can certainly play a part.
- Skin and nail health: Athlete’s foot, jock itch and toe nail fungus are also yeast infections which are connected to candida. If you have any of these skin issues your candida has become systemic and is finding its way out through the skin. Other skin disorders like acne and eczema will also benefit from cleansing and an anti-candida diet.
What do I do now? If this makes sense and you’re feeling like you fall into some, or all of these categories, consider embarking on a cleansing program. This will quickly bring candida levels back to normal and will give the colon, liver, spleen and kidneys a helping hand. There are different levels of cleansing depending on what you’re ready for.
- Slow and steady: This version is all about the anti-candida diet, specific to your blood type as well as herbs and nutraceuticals. 3-6 colon hydrotherapy sessions are recommended to clear out any blockages, mucous, excess bacteria and yeast from the large intestine. You can also boost your immune system and get the lymphatic system circulating in our infrared sauna.
- Fast and furious: This is when you want to get the job done quickly and thoroughly. It consists of 3 or 5 days on fructose free juices and bone or veggie broths, anti-candida diet, herbs and nutraceuticals. Daily colon hydrotherapy and infrared sauna, a herbal infusion and all the support you’ll need.