With the beginning of 2018, it’s a good time to consider the...
Love your liver in 2018
With the beginning of 2018, it’s a good time to consider the effect last year had on your health. Are there things you would do differently? Would you like to be healthier, happier and fitter? Even if you’ve lived a healthy lifestyle, your liver is always in need of support. It is an extremely busy organ so the healthier your liver is, the more energised and vital you’ll feel.
Let’s look at why the liver is so important.
- The liver is the second largest organ in the body(the skin is the largest) and this is for a good reason. Over 500 life sustaining functions happen in the body because of the liver.
- Every minute approximately 1.5 litres of blood are filtered through the liver. Everything that goes into your body has to be processed by the liver.
- Toxins in the blood are metabolised constantly and eliminated out of the body.
- The liver plays a major role in blood clotting due to proteins that it produces.
- The liver produces bile, which is stored in the gall bladder and released when the digestion of fat is required.
- The liver stores glycogen and essential vitamins such as A, D, E and K.
- The liver detoxifies excess oestrogen and xenoestrogens, which have been linked to hormone imbalance and reproductive dysfunction.
What can we do to love our liver?
- Avoid constipation at all costs(but not with laxatives). If the colon is full of old, purifying waste the toxins seep back into the blood stream, putting enormous pressure on the liver.
- Avoid poisons such as chemicals, alcohol, refined sugar, heated fats. Eat lots of fresh whole fruit and vegetables, raw seeds and oils/fats, and small amounts of grains and animal products. You’re diet should be mainly plant based.
- Lemons!! Any way you like them. They are one of the best foods to cleanse the liver.
- Water is essential for the production of bile and hydrochloric acid – both hugely important in the digestive process.
- Herbs, the more bitter the better for the liver. I believe we should be taking liver rebuilding herbs regularly.
- Sunshine. Our entire existence on the Earth depends on the sun. Be careful, responsible and do it slowly but get your body into the sunlight. Vitamin D is good for every organ in the body. You can read more about this here http://www.cleanse.net.au/blog/vitamin-d-linked-to-digestive-health/
Keeping your body clean in a toxic world is not as hard as you think. We can show you how.